There it was…staring at me from the shelf in the freezer. Just like it always does. ”Whaddya gonna do with me, huh? You sick of me yet?” I swear they’re taunting me, those darn packages of ground beef. But this time, I had a quick solution!
This Kid Loving Pasta Bake turns ground beef into an almost italian sausage with the spices I use and when I add them during the cooking process. I love it! I’m turning the mundane into a masterpiece with ease and simplicity. Here’s how you can do it too:
Kid Loving Pasta Bake
|1||16 Oz. Box Rotini Pasta|
|1||24 Oz. Jar Spaghetti Sauce|
|1||Lb. Ground Beef|
|1||Med. Onion (diced)|
|1||Clove Garlic (minced)|
|½||tsp. Season Salt (see our recipe)|
|1||Cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)|
|1||Cup Colby Jack Cheese (shredded)|
|½||Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 9×13” baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium pot, boil rotini pasta according to package directions and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine ground beef, onion and garlic. Sprinkle season salt, oregano, basil and parsley evenly over ground beef. Mix well. Cook ground beef until browned.
4. Add jar of spaghetti sauce to ground beef mixture along with ½ cup water. Stir to combine. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
5. When done simmering, stir sauce into ground beef mixture. Add ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, ½ Cup Colby Jack cheese, and all of parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
6. Pour into prepared 9×13” baking pan. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup Mozzarella cheese and ½ cup Colby Jack cheese evenly over pasta.
7. Bake uncovered for 15 -20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Tip: If you’re a cheese lover, feel free to add more cheese to this recipe. And change it up with your favorite kinds of cheeses!
Makes: approx. 10-12 servings
Serve it up with bread sticks and/or a green vegetable and your masterpiece is complete. My kids scarf this down like nobody’s business! And honestly, the adults enjoy it just as much as the kids do
Lookin’ for more ways to spice up that same old ground beef? Check out these other recipes from us:
Get more from the Brady Girls at your fingertips with Cookin’ Up Sweet Treats!
Borrow or Purchase our eBook Sweet Treats vol. 1 for your Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Android Devices, or Home Computer in the Kindle Store today!
Remember you can download the Kindle App for Free on nearly any device!
This post is partying over at: Savvy Southern Style, The Shabby Creek Cottage, French Country Cottage, Whipperberry, The Shabby Nest, Funky Junk Interiors, Coastal Charm, Today’s Creative Blog, Home Stories A to Z and others