Okay who doesn’t like sweet and salty kettle corn?
One of my favorite things to get at the fair or ball game is kettle corn. But having to wait for a special event for this tasty treat just didn’t seem right anymore. ‘Enough of the waiting let’s do this at home!’
Well 5 minutes later and we’ve got Kettle Corn! Seriously this is my new favorite treat to make in my kitchen.
Easy Homemade Kettle Corn
I mean easy, 5 ingredients, 5 minutes, and just a little elbow grease. If you’re like me you hate exercising, just throw all of these in the pot and shake shake shake for a few minutes, burn a few calories and get rewarded with a perfectly sweet and salty treat. It’s a win win -or at least it is in my book.
- 2 Tbs Peanut Oil (or Sunflower Oil, or Canola Oil)
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- ⅓ Cup Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Popping Kernels
- Throw all ingredients into a large 8 QT thick bottomed pot with secure lid. Turn heat to high and cover.
- Put on oven mitts to protect your hands and begin to shake pot continuously holding the lid on tight (about 3 minutes). Shaking keeps the sugar from burning and heat to distribute evenly.
- Once kernels begin to pop shake pot vigorously until popping slows down. (only about a minute of popping).
- Remove from heat immediately, leave lid on for a few more seconds for the last couple of pops, then pour into a large bowl.
- Add more salt to taste.