Ever been in the situation where you’re making dinner for some unexpected, but very welcomed guests and your oven is already working overtime? How on earth are you going to throw together a dessert if you can’t bake it? We ALL know dessert is a must, especially in my house! Lucky me, I remembered there was such thing as no bake cookies.
These No Bake ‘Em Cookies aren’t your normal or standard no bake cookies that you may have made before. I made some pretty nifty adjustments because I had run out of cocoa (I think I just swore there!) and because I wanted some ingredients incorporated that I adore! Take a look!
- 2 cups white sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butterscotch chips
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup coconut plus more for sprinkling
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan bring sugar, butter, milk, and salt to a rapid boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in vanilla, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips until melted. Then stir in chunky peanut butter.
- Add quick cooking oats, coconut, mix well.
- Working quickly, drop by teaspoonfuls or tablespoonfuls (depending on the size you’d like your cookies) onto waxed paper. Sprinkle tops with coconut. Press down slightly so coconut sticks.
- Allow to cool completely.
See! Not your standard no bake cookie. But OHH EEMMM GEEE! They were a hit! I had cookies missing all over the place on the waxed paper while they were cooling. None of us could wait until they completely set up. Then when they did, they were goners. What can I say? I’ve raised some crazy sweets lovers and turned my hubs into one. And anyone that comes to visit always knows they’re in for a treat…literally
If you like this post, please consider sharing it and ‘pinning’ it
Get more from the Brady Girls at your fingertips with Cookin’ Up Sweet Treats!
Borrow or Purchase our eBook Sweet Treats vol. 1 for your Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Android Devices, or Home Computer in the Kindle Store today!
Remember you can download the Kindle App for Free on nearly any device!
This post is partying over at: Coastal Charm, Savvy Southern Style, The Shabby Creek Cottage, French Country Cottage, Whipperberry, The Shabby Nest, Serenity Now, Funky Junk Interiors, Today’s Creative Blog, Home Stores A to Z, Tip Junkie, It’s So Very Cheri , Lady Behind the Curtain, Fine Craft Guild, Making the World Cuter, Remodelaholic and others found on our Link Parties Page