Hello everyone! Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve posted. Been a busy few months. But I have so much to share, so stay tuned these next couple weeks for some great Summer Party ideas!
Caprese Salad Skewers
These mini caprese skewers are perfect for a summer party or picnic and are so simple to make. I recently made these for my sister’s graduation party, and they were a huge hit! In fact, everyone liked them so much, I made them 3 times last week. I’ll share some more small-bites recipes from the party later on. But for now, enjoy this mouthful of flavor!
- 40 Cherry Tomatoes
- 20 Mozzarella Pearls
- 10 Large or 20 Small Basil Leaves
- 4 Tbs Olive Oil
- 4 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Kosher Salt
- 20 3-4″ Skewers/ Picks/ or toothpicks
- Garlic (optional)
- Before you skewer ingredients, you can reduce the balsamic vinegar in half (1/2 cup to ¼ cup over medium heat) for a sweeter flavor. If you do this, turn your fan on or open a window because your house will smell like vinegar!
- I also dressed it up a bit and took 2 cloves of garlic (split open) and a ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt and let it sit over low heat for 30 minutes to make an infused garlic olive oil. These first two steps are optional, but they can really enhance the flavor of this dish.
- Start my rinsing tomatoes and basil.
- Skewer in order: 1 tomato, 1 small or ½ basil leaf, 1 mozzarella pearl, and finish with 1 tomato. Lay skewers however you like on a large platter. If you’re making a bunch for a party you can double or triple the amount and skewer these hours or even the night before and refrigerate.
- If you chose to reduce the vinegar and infuse the olive oil, set aside and let cool completely.
- Right before serving, drizzle olive oil and vinegar over the skewers and a dash of salt. Enjoy!