Day 4 I made something I had already decided on doing -curry. If you’re starting any kind of a diet, come up with a menu list of food and meals you can make while dieting, that’ll save you time and hunger pains! Sit down, do some research, hop on Pinterest or Foodgawker, talk to people and get some ideas! Planning meals before you start is key! Especially when you have certain rules for your diet, like that little no canned and no frozen rule I have to abide by this week. For this meal I really wasn’t sure if I could get away with no coconut milk from a can in my curry. But while at the store I found something I’d never really noticed before, fresh coconut milk in a carton by the soy and almond milks. How long has that been there? I got the coconut milk by Silk -really good and light- and it worked out great in the curry!
- 1-2 tsp. Yellow Curry Powder (for a mild curry, heat will intensify as it cooks)
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Diced Carrots
- 1 Cup Diced Onion
- 1 Cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup Diced Cauliflower or Potatoes
- 1-2 Cups Fresh Coconut Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dice all the Vegetables
- Heat curry powder and oil over medium heat, stirring constantly until combines (30 seconds). Be careful not to burn the oil.
- Add 1 cup of Coconut milk and stir till well combined.
- Add in carrots (and potatoes if you’re using them) and let cook for 3 or so minutes, then proceed to add in the rest of the vegetables, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to add coconut milk during cooking to reach desired consistency. You only need to cook all the veggies together for 2-3 minutes before it’s done. You don’t want soggy oer cooked veggies.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
This curry was pretty mild but had a nice little kick at the end, and was perfect over brown rice for my detox. I also speed walked over a mile, and picked up enough groceries for some hefty weight lifting for the 8 minute walk home, not too bad.
This post is partying over at: Coastal Charm, Savvy Southern Style, The Shabby Creek Cottage, French Country Cottage, Whipperberry, The Shabby Nest, Serenity Now, Funky Junk Interiors, Today’s Creative Blog, Home Stores A to Z, Tip Junkie and others