Okay, I really like Costco’s pumpkin pie, I think they do a pretty good job of making it light in texture and the spices are good. Overall, $6 for a large pumpkin pie that’s pretty good and already made is hard to beat. But I’m going to go out on a limb and match my pie against their’s.
This pumpkin pie recipe is full of warm autumn flavors like cloves and cinnamon, is perfectly sweet, and just the right texture. This is not a dense and heavy pumpkin pie, instead I think I met right in the middle with just enough pumpkin, just enough custard, and just enough spices, to make this pie one of the best I’ve ever had. I got together with a group of friends last week, and they all loved it too!
But why don’t you be the judge. Try this recipe out and tell us what you think. I think, everyone is looking for something slightly different when it comes to their perfect pumpkin pie, and I’d like to hear how you make yours, and what you’re looking for in a perfect pie. Happy Thanksgiving!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 3 Eggs
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Ginger
- ½ tsp. Cloves
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 can Pumpkin (or 1 ½ cups Cooked Pumpkin)
- ¼ cup Evaporated Milk
- 2 Tbs. Whole Milk or Half and Half
- Whisk eggs, sugar, spices, and sweetened condensed milk together in a pot, over medium heat, continue whisking and adding pumpkin, then evaporated milk, and finally whole milk. Heat for approx. 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until filling thickens.
- Place filling in an air tight container and refrigerate overnight or at least a few hours.
- Pre-bake your pie crust, let it cool, then fill the crust with filling and bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 and bake for an additional 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool at room temperature for 2 hours, and then chill in the refrigerator.
Here’s an awesome page from Paula Deen showing easy ways to decorate your pie crust!
Get more from the Brady Girls at your fingertips with Cookin’ Up Sweet Treats!
Borrow or Purchase our eBook Sweet Treats vol. 1 for your Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Android Devices, or Home Computer in the Kindle Store today!
Remember you can download the Kindle App for Free on nearly any device!
This post is partying over at: Coastal Charm, Savvy Southern Style, The Shabby Creek Cottage, French Country Cottage, Whipperberry, The Shabby Nest, Serenity Now, Funky Junk Interiors, Today’s Creative Blog, Home Stores A to Z, Tip Junkie and others