I love Autumn! I love pumpkin! Everyone is trying to make such naughty treats right now and I am trying to be good. And ya know it really isn’t that difficult when you have some tasty recipes up your sleeve!
I went pumpkin picking over the weekend and grabbed some pie pumpkins along with the Jack-o-lantern style huge pumpkins. These are more dark and smaller. Think a bit larger than a softball. I steamed them up real quick in the oven after I cut them in half and removed the seeds. Oh! Save the seeds and roast them with our pumpkin seed recipe!
Then, I placed the pumpkins skins down in a deep baking dish and put about 2 cups of water in the dish. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Set these aside until cool enough to handle than scrape the meet away from the skins and done. Real easy, very fresh, and super cost effective. Canned pumpkin can be so expensive sometimes.
- ½ Cup Low fat milk
- 1 Cup Fresh Cooked or Canned Pumpkin (cooled)
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder (2 Tbs)
- 4 or 5 Ice Cubes (about ½ Cup)
- ⅓ Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tbs of Real Maple Syrup (P.S. use the real thing! Your are worth it and the antioxidants in this stuff is unbelievably good for you)
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. Nutmeg
- Dash of Cloves
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- You can add as you wish, more or less of the spices and the maple syrup. Or sugar substitute can be used.
This takes you about 90 seconds! Easy and pure heaven!