I think a perfect breakfast includes pancakes and eggs, and occasionally bacon. But with Fall here and apple season in full swing, I had to cook up something special for breakfast Sunday morning. Drawing inspiration from my Pumpkin Apple Spice Yankee Candle, I whipped up some of the most Heavenly homemade pancakes I’ve ever had. I mean both my husband and I thought they would be good, but we had no idea they’d be that amazing!!! Not only are these pumpkin pancakes wonderfully delicious, they are pretty darn easy to make, and super filling. So a pancake or two per person will do ya just fine, which means this recipe will feed the whole family!
Imagine fluffy spiced pumpkin pancakes melting in your mouth. Topped with fresh crisp apples that have been seasoned with cinnamon and sugar, a touch of cloves, and warmed with a dab of butter. Oh yeah! This is the life you’ve always dreamed of! Or at least, one that I’ve dreamed of. 30 Minutes, and you too can be eating your very own Pumpkin Pancakes with Spiced Apples.
- 1½ Cup Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Clove
- ½ tsp. All Spice
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Tbs Melted Butter
- 4 Medium Apples Peeled, Cored, Small Chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 Small Lemon Juiced (about ¼ Cup)
- 1 Tbs Butter, Melted
- 1 Tbs Flour
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Cloves
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Water
- Start by prepping your Apples. Peel and dice into 1″ cubes, and drizzle each apple after cubing with about 1 Tbs. lemon juice. Using about ¼ cup of lemon juice for all 4 apples.
- Melt 1 Tbs. butter in the microwave, whisk 1 Tbs. flour into the butter and throw in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Toss in your apples.
- Coat apples in Cinnamon, Cloves, All Spice, and Brown Sugar, and toss thoroughly allowing the butter and flour to melt and combine with the spices and sugar evenly over the apples. Add the ½ cup of water, stir, and cover. Allow to slowly simmer and cook while you prepare and bake your pancakes, stir occasionally. (cook about 20 minutes)
- For your pancakes add all of the pancake ingredients minus the melted butter and stir until just incorporated. Then add your melted butter, stir, and let the batter sit for a couple minutes while you heat your griddle to about 350 or pan to medium heat.
- Use a small dab of butter to coat your cooking surface. Then give your pancake batter a quick stir and ladle about ¼ cup of batter into a circle on your cook top. Allow to cook until the edges begin to be lightly brown (note* you may not see your typical bubbles because this is a thicker batter). Flip pancake and allow to cook for a couple more minutes. I cooked each 4″ pancake for approx 5 minutes because it is a thicker batter and you don’t want it to be doughy in the middle. Try testing 1 pancake first to get the appropriate cook time.
- Once your pancakes are done top with apples and enjoy!
If your pancakes are too dark or burning on the outside, but still not quite done or cooked through the middle, turn your heat down on the pan and cook your next batch lower and slower.
Get more from the Brady Girls at your fingertips with Cookin’ Up Sweet Treats!
Borrow or Purchase our eBook Sweet Treats vol. 1 for your Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Android Devices, or Home Computer in the Kindle Store today!
Remember you can download the Kindle App for Free on nearly any device!
This post is partying over at: Coastal Charm, Savvy Southern Style, The Shabby Creek Cottage, French Country Cottage, Whipperberry, The Shabby Nest, Serenity Now, Funky Junk Interiors, Today’s Creative Blog, Home Stores A to Z, Tip Junkie and others