‘Not another zucchini recipe,’ I thought to myself. But I know that folks make chocolate zucchini recipes, so that got me thinking. ’Well, why not try?…’
Not only did I try, I hit this outta the park! I am serious. This chocolatey bread is, well, almost a cake. It is moist, but not heavy. It has the craziest mix of ingredients, but somehow they all play really nice together. You won’t even notice that there’s cinnamon and cayenne pepper inside. They are only added to enhance the chocolate flavor of the bread. This is a recipe that took just a few moments to hand mix and done! I made muffins in 22 minutes and a loaf of bread in 45. It was so fast! So try as I might to hold onto summer, this bread is best enjoyed with a hot cup of tea and curled up under a blanket. Okay that’s only my opinion and who am I kidding, I don’t have time to curl up!
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder (I like Scharffen Berger)
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cups white chocolate chips
- 1¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cinnamon
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1¼ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated zucchini (about 2-3 small zucchini)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Generously grease two loaf pans (9 inches by 5 inches) with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together the eggs, olive oil, sugar, and vanilla. Add the grated zucchini at the end and stir until just combined with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, add the chocolate chips and stir to evenly distribute.
- Divide the batter into two prepared bread pans and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick or tester comes out clean. Can also be made into muffins, adjust baking time to around 20 – 22 minutes. Cool, slice and serve.
Get more from the Brady Girls at your fingertips with Cookin’ Up Sweet Treats!
Borrow or Purchase our eBook Sweet Treats vol. 1 for your Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Android Devices, or Home Computer in the Kindle Store today!
Remember you can download the Kindle App for Free on nearly any device!
This post is partying over at: Coastal Charm, Savvy Southern Style, The Shabby Creek Cottage, French Country Cottage, Whipperberry, The Shabby Nest, Serenity Now, Funky Junk Interiors, Today’s Creative Blog, Home Stores A to Z, Tip Junkie and others