I have a confession to make…I am addicted to candy corn. Can’t get enough of it!!! This time of year I find myself looking longingly at those brightly colored orange, yellow and white bags of sugary candy every time I’m at the store. I’ll admit it. I do buy waaaay too many and DO NOT like to share. Just ask my girlies. I’m getting better I think. I came up with the idea of combining two of my favorite things together(to share even!): candy corn and cake mix. Voila! Candy Corn Puppy Chow was born!
This is another one of those quick snacks you can throw together for a party or get together. And this is perfect for all of the fall/harvest parties that are coming up for school and at the office. Also, those Halloween parties too! And serve it in those cute cupcake liners again. You can always find them according to the season/holiday that’s right around the corner. Perfect for entertaining. Here’s all you do to put it together:
- 5 cups Chex Cereal
- 10 oz. Almond Bark (vanilla flavored)
- 1-2 tsp. vegetable shortening
- 1½ cups Vanilla Cake Mix
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 11 oz. bag Candy Corn, chopped
- In a large plastic container with a lid, measure out Chex Cereal. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together cake mix and powdered sugar and chopped candy corn. Set aside.
- Melt Almond Bark according to directions on package, adding in vegetable shortening before melting.
- Pour melted Almond Bark over cereal. Put lid on container and shake lightly but
- thoroughly until cereal is evenly coated. Then pour powdered mixture onto cereal and Almond Bark combo. Replace lid and shake lightly but again thoroughly until cereal is evenly coated with powdered mixture.
- Works best if it’s allowed to harden/cool before serving.
Recipe adapted from So Very Blessed
If you’d like, you could throw in some peanuts and really jazz it up. Let us know how you like this combo. And if you’re truly enjoying this post, please consider sharing it and pinning it
Get more from the Brady Girls at your fingertips with Cookin’ Up Sweet Treats!
Borrow or Purchase our eBook Sweet Treats vol. 1 for your Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Android Devices, or Home Computer in the Kindle Store today!
Remember you can download the Kindle App for Free on nearly any device!
This post is partying over at: Coastal Charm, Savvy Southern Style, The Shabby Creek Cottage, French Country Cottage, Whipperberry, The Shabby Nest, Serenity Now, Funky Junk Interiors, Today’s Creative Blog, Home Stores A to Z, Tip Junkie, It’s So Very Cheri , Lady Behind the Curtain, Fine Craft Guild, Making the World Cuter, Remodelaholic and others found on our Link Parties Page