Spinach and artichoke dip is one of my favorite things to order at a restaurant. In fact I got some just today, but it didn’t compare to this lovely dip I whipped up a couple weeks ago.
I was down in Castroville, Ca -the artichoke capitol of the world. While there we got some yummy French fried artichokes and picked up several baby artichokes for just a couple bucks. Sadly my hubby is not a fan of artichoke dip, so I had to try my hand at making it while the family was out visiting (so I wouldn’t be the only one eating it)… It was a huge success, especially because of the pepper jack cheese thrown in there at the last minute -it really added the right flavor to set it over the edge. And you kow what? My hubby ate it, and he loved it so much he got a second helping! Score!!!
This dip is especially good for parties, get togethers, and game days. I hope you try it out and let me know how you like it, and how you made it your own!
- ½ Cup Cream Cheese
- ⅓ Cup Sour Cream
- ⅓ Cup Mayo
- 1 Heaping Cup Spinach (fresh blanched or thawed & drained of water)
- 1 Cup Artichoke Hearts (fresh boiled, or marinated/canned -Not pickled!)
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ Cup Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 Cloves Mined Garlic (1 tsp)
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Prepare your spinach and artichokes first. Make sure to drain any excess water, by squeezing the spinach. I used fresh spinach and artichokes because they’re easily accessible here, but buying frozen and canned is totally fine.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Spray an 8×8 ” baking dish then place the dip inside and top with a small layer of parmesan cheese.
- Bake until dip is bubbly on the edges and top is golden. About 20 minutes.
This post is partying over at: Coastal Charm, Savvy Southern Style, The Shabby Creek Cottage, French Country Cottage, Whipperberry, The Shabby Nest, Serenity Now, Funky Junk Interiors, Today’s Creative Blog, Home Stores A to Z, Tip Junkie, It’s So Very Cheri, Lady Behind the Curtain, Fine Craft Guild, Making the World Cuter, Remodelaholic and others found on our Link Parties Page