Who doesn’t love chocolate? And who doesn’t want to eat it for breakfast? So maybe it’s not the most healthy choice for a day starter. But it sure is a delightful indulgence every now and again.
I had a few extra little girlies at my house this morning and we were tossing back and forth what to make for breakfast. These Double Chocolate Glazed Muffins had been on my radar for a while now. Once I mentioned these, the debate was over. “Yep’s and “that sounds yummy” were the consensus.
All righty! Let’s go!
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips, plus some for sprinkling tops of muffins
- ¾ Cup Milk
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup Coffee (cooled)
- 1½ tsp. Pure Vanilla
- 1¾ Cup Flour
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 3 Tbs. Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbs. Butter (melted)
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla (clear is best)
- 1-2 Tbs. Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners, approx. 12.
- In bowl, whisk together milk, oil, egg, coffee, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined, being careful not to over mix. Then gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper liners in muffin tin ⅔s full. Sprinkle tops with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted in the center of one of the muffins comes out almost clean.
- Allow to cool in muffin tin for approx. 5 minutes. Then remove and allow to finish cooling on wire rack.
- TO MAKE GLAZE:
- Melt the butter, then add vanilla, powdered sugar and 1 Tbs. milk. Whisk together until smooth. Add another ½-1 Tbs. of milk if necessary to get a glazing consistency. Glaze tops of muffins.
While these were baking, the entire house smelled like a chocolate bar! The anticipation of a bite of one of these was torture, so I only let them cool a little then glazed them – some by a drizzle and some with a full covering. Both were major rock stars! All the girls could say between bites was “Oh my gosh, these are sooo good!”, and “‘nother one, nother one, nother one!” Verdict’s in: chocolate for breakfast rocks!
If you like this post, please consider sharing it and ‘pinning’ it
Get more from the Brady Girls at your fingertips with Cookin’ Up Sweet Treats!
Borrow or Purchase our eBook Sweet Treats vol. 1 for your Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Android Devices, or Home Computer in the Kindle Store today!
Remember you can download the Kindle App for Free on nearly any device!
This post is partying over at: Coastal Charm, Savvy Southern Style, The Shabby Creek Cottage, French Country Cottage, Whipperberry, The Shabby Nest, Serenity Now, Funky Junk Interiors, Today’s Creative Blog, Home Stores A to Z, Tip Junkie, It’s So Very Cheri, Lady Behind the Curtain, Fine Craft Guild, Making the World Cuter, Remodelaholic and others found on our Link Parties Page