We’re smack dab in the middle of summer and I was in need (okay, more of a want) of a summery cake recipe. Well, strawberries and lemons scream summer to me! I added in some yogurt for that rich, moist flavor and ta-da: summer serendipity!
This cake recipe is fairly simple and quick to put together. It’s perfect to take along to that picnic with family and friends or the bbq at the neighbor’s. They’ll love having such a delish and fitting end to their meal! Go prepared with the recipe in hand. You’ll be asked to share
Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Cake
Moist and sweet, perfect for summer!
|2 ½||Cups Flour, divided|
|½||tsp. Baking Soda|
|1||Cup Butter (softened)|
|1||Cup Brown Sugar|
|1||tsp. Pure Vanilla|
|3||Tbs. Fresh Lemon Juice, divided|
|1||Zest of a Lemon|
|8 oz||Vanilla Yogurt|
|1 ½||Cups Fresh Strawberries, diced|
|1||Cup Powdered Sugar|
1. Preheat oven to 325° F. Spray a 10” Bundt Pan liberally with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, combine 2 ¼ cups flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the lemon zest and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Then beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla and 1 Tbs. lemon juice, mixing well.
4. Alternate adding in flour mixture and yogurt to butter mixture, combining until just incorporated.
5. In small bowl, toss strawberries with ¼ cup of flour. Fold into cake batter.
6. Pour batter into prepared Bundt Pan, spread evenly, and bake on middle rack of oven for approximately one hour or until toothpick, when inserted near center of pan, comes out almost clean.
7. Allow to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes then remove and allow to finish cooling on wire rack.
8. When completely cool, drizzle glaze over top of cake. To make glaze: whisk 2 Tbs. lemon juice and 1 Cup powdered sugar in bowl, mixing well.
Makes: approx. 10-12 servings
Get more from the Brady Girls at your fingertips with Cookin’ Up Sweet Treats!
Borrow or Purchase our eBook Sweet Treats vol. 1 for your Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Android Devices, or Home Computer in the Kindle Store today!
Remember you can download the Kindle App for Free on nearly any device!
This post is partying over at: Coastal Charm, Savvy Southern Style, The Shabby Creek Cottage, French Country Cottage, Whipperberry, The Shabby Nest, Serenity Now, Funky Junk Interiors, Today’s Creative Blog, Home Stores A to Z, Tip Junkie, It’s So Very Cheri, Lady Behind the Curtain, Making the World Cuter and others found on our ‘Linkin’ Up Parties’ Page