Perfect for Easter Dinner! You can have fresh homemade rolls in 40 minutes from scratch. No kidding!
I found a recipe and decided to play with it a little. I took a chance and the results were outstanding. Fast rolls from pantry to table in 40 minutes?? I know what you are thinking, I thought the same thing. “Sure they will be fast but, they will be dense little hockey pucks!” Nope, not even a little! They were fluffy and delicious! I believe bread flour would have been just great, but I did not have any on hand and just used regular all purpose and a little whole wheat! I used my trusty kitchen aid mixer which made this go very quickly.
Fast Fresh Rolls in 40 minutes
- 2 ¼ Cups Warm water
- 4 Tbs Yeast – regular is just fine, Rapid Rise works too!
- ¼ Cups Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Canola oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat flour
- 5 Cups regular All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In the bottom of the mixing bowl, add the water, yeast and sugar, give a gentle stir and let stand 3-4 minutes. Attach the dough hook, then add the oil, eggs, salt, whole wheat flour and 2 C. regular flour. Mix very well, perhaps a minute. Then add the rest of the flour gently.
- Knead in mixer until sides are clean. 3-4 minutes. Remove hook and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Then make your desired shaped rolls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Let rest again for another 10 minutes. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.